The second episode of the German Genealogy Girl’s Podcast is out!
- This month’s guest is Kim Ashford from Twigs and Branches http://www.twigsandbranches.org/. She also is one of the initiators of the International German Genealogical Partnership and part of the executive committee of the International Germanic Genealogy Conference.
- We talked about Genealogical Societies, the many things they offer, how to find them and how much you can benefit from being a volunteer.
- Kim’s Methodology Tip is on German newspapers in the USA, what information you can find and where you can find the newspapers –http://germangenealogygirl.com/methodolgy-german-newspapers-usa and http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/
- We take a look behind the scenes of the International German Genealogy Partnership.
- The German words are Zeitung, Blatt, Anzeiger – all stand for newspaper. http://www.germangenealogygirl.com/german-for-genealogists-episode-2-zeitung-blatt-anzeiger
- The International Germanic Genealogy Conference will take place in Minneapolis from July 28 through 30, 2017. For more information see the website of the International German Genealogy Partnership at http://www.iggpartner.org/.
- Next episode on May 1, 2017, my guest will be Timo Kracke from the Verein für Computer Genealogy in Germany.